Being a member of our school board provides the opportunity to proactively serve our community and to contribute to making decisions that affect our school.
The Catherine McAuley School Board, under the guidance of the principal, undertakes the stewardship role of managing, representing, advising and governing the school.
The school board consists of elected and appointed members from the school and parish community.
It is the role of the School Board to support the school in striving to provide a quality education for our students by:
- developing the religious dimension of the school and the relationship with the local church
- ensuring academic standards are achieved
- supporting the leadership group of the school
- protecting the children
- ofering pastoral care
- monitoring and maintaining buildings and grounds
- exercising financial stewardship
- complying with legal obligations
The Board meets regularly to consider, discuss and make recommendations on issues of policy development, education, school resources, infrastructure, spirituality and other issues that may have an effect on the school.
The Board also has a role to play in promoting our school as a school of excellence within this region.