Key Capabilities to Live, Learn and Lead
Everything we do at Catherine McAuley School is underpinned by Catholic Education South Australian’s Living Leading Learning Framework - ensuring our students develop the knowledge, skills and attributes they need to thrive in a rapidly changing and complex world.
We believe at Catherine McAuley School that:
- Every child has the right to thrive in our community
- Each child is a capable learner
- Each child can be a leader for the world God desires.
Whilst each learning area is important and valuable, we believe that the development of capabilities are vital to living a full and meaningful life.
Recognising and developing their capabilities enables Catherine McAuley School students to be comfortable and confident in who they are and ready to make a difference in our world.
Through carefully designed learning experiences within school, as well as the myriad of other learning experiences children engage in beyond school, our students are supported to develop, reflect on and evidence their capabilities as:
- Self-aware, collaborative and socially adept
- Knowledgeable, inquisitive and innovative
- Intercultural and globally minded
- Literate, numerate and effective communicators
- Confident and careful users of ICTs
- Spiritually aware and inspired by faith
- Moral, compassionate and ecologically aware
You can explore the Key Capabilities further on the Key Capabilities Continua website.